Who we are
CI International Community of Action, CIICA; our network shares the goal of increasing access to the provision of CI and lifelong services globally. Our website address is: https://ciicanet.org
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect information about you whenever you interact with us, for example when you:
- Sign up to be a member of CIICA
- Create or update a website registration
- Post content to our website/social media sites
- Register for a CIICA EVENT
- Volunteer for us
- Attend a meeting with us and provide us with information about you
- Take part in one of our events
- Join a chat room at an event
- Fundraise on our behalf
- Contact us through any channel, including online, email, phone, SMS, social media or post
- Give permission to use images of yourself or your children or young people in our activities
- If you do work for us
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
CIICA may hold and use your information for a number of purposes connected with our organisation, which include:
- contacting you about your contact details;
- keeping you informed about our events, resources and news
- using your information for a purpose agreed with you;
- dealing with your enquiries or complaints;
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
CIICA does not sell, trade, or rent personal information about its website visitors, members, or donors.
CIICA will not share your personal information, except when:
- you tell us we can do this;
- this is necessary to assist an adjudicator to resolve a complaint you make about us.
- You may ask to see your personal information and ask to have any of it updated, corrected or deleted. We may ask you to verify your identity for such requests, to protect your privacy, and that of others. You can do this by sending an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com.
- You will receive regular updates directly from us; you can unsubscribe from these at any time.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This website uses Google Analytics to help us make improvements to our site and enhance your user experience. These cookies collect anonymous user data and do not involve the processing of personal data.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
CIICA may use a third party provider to collect information such as the number of visitors on our site per day and which pages they visit. We may do this using a small piece of code on each page to count and provide this information to that third party provider.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we protect your data
CIICA takes all reasonable steps to ensure that all of your information that it collects, uses or discloses is accurate and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons for legitimate business purposes
What data breach procedures we have in place
If you have any concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org