CIICA LIVE: CI Funding – Challenges and Priorities
CIICA LIVE IN SEPTEMBER: CI FUNDING – ADVOCACY CHALLENGES AND PRIORITIES
Thanks to all who attended and shared energetic discussions! PDFs available below, and presentations with captioning soon. Thanks to Ruth for keeping us just about to time!
Eddie Mukaaya, Uganda: Darja, you shine a lot of light to the CI world. CIs are about real people and real daily life impact. That is priceless.
All public spending is under scrutiny and particularly public health scrutiny in the global pandemic. Spending on hearing care and CI in particular is challenged, everywhere but particularly in low and middle income countries and for long term support and for special cases.
This, our third CIICA LIVE event, chaired by Ruth Warick, President of IFHOH, explored the evidence for the cost-effective arguments for CI, the success of the Spend2Save arguments, and specific examples of challenge and success in funding CI provision globally.
122 registrants from 34 countries shared an exciting event, with much discussion in the chat room about the issues – and shared the energy of groups advocating for CI as part of Ear and Hearing Care, including in low income countries. A major discussion was about the lifelong provision of CI services necessary, which is so often forgotten.
The pdfs and captioned videos are available below:
- Brian Lamb, CIICA, sharing the cost-effective evidence for CI Brian Lamb, Cost effectiveness of CI To watch video of Brian Lamb’s presentation, click here
- Neelam Vaid, BIG EARS, Pune, sharing the challenges and successes of CI provision in India and her concerns about sustainability: Neelam Vaid, CI funding in India To watch video of Neelam Vaid’s presentation, click here
- Jenny Perold, Hearing against the Odds: CI funding in S Africa with the challenges of funding CI in a country with the biggest HIV pandemic in the world: Jenny Perold, CI in South Africa, hearing against the odds To watch video of Jenny Perold’s presentation, click here
- Darja Pajk, EFHOH and Slovenia, highlighting the funding priorities for adults as a user and the complexities of managing the technologies: Darja Pajk, CI FUNDING, priorities for adults To watch video of Darja Pajk’s presentation, click here
- Leona Pejcharova, how advocacy with professionals and industry obtained processor upgrades in Czech Republic. Leona Pejcharova, Funding upgrades, the challenges To watch video of Leona Pejcharova’s presentation, click here
- Ekaterine Tortladze, Georgia, discussing the value of considering speech processors as priority assistive devices for funding. Ekaterine Tortladze, Funding implants, a medical device or assistive technology To watch video of Ekaterine Tortladze’s presentation, click here
- Sue Archbold, CIICA, discussing what we need to remember in influencing the decision makers. Sue Archbold, Influencing the decision makers To watch video of Sue Archbold’s presentation, click here
- Finally, Barbara Kelley of HLAA in USA, summing up for us all. Barbara Kelley, From the USA and round up
Thanks so much – a lot of take home messages… reminds us how much there is to do.